Yippee! It’s the Christmas season already. Christmas as we all know is such a unique season of the year which comes with it a huge celebration. However, a distinct feature of Christmas is a change in the weather condition, which is the harmattan.
Harmattan season is that period of the year when the cold becomes unbearable, the weather becomes hazy and plantations go dry because of low humidity. As it is commonly known, harmattan is usually attended by various health issues such as sore throat, cough, catarrh, conjunctivitis (apollo), skin dryness, lips cracking. As lovely as the Christmas season is, the presence of harmattan has made it a point of duty for all and sundry to stick to some health tips to stay healthy and strong all through the festive period. More so, financial difficulties could make the Christmas season a boring and uninteresting one.
Do you wish to stay above all these challenges which always accompany the fun-filled Christmas season? Do you want to overcome all the adverse effects of harmattan? Worry less friends.
Simply follow these simple healthy tips:
- Wear thick clothing to give your body the necessary warmth it requires during the season.
- Bathe/shower with warm water especially in the morning and late in the evening when the weather is becoming cold.
- Use moisturizing body products to keep your body moisturized all through because of the drying effect of the season.
- Use hair moisturizing products on your hair to give it the lustre it requires and to ultimately prevent hair breakage and hair loss.
- Ensure you wear your face masks when you travel through dust-prone areas.
- Drink sufficient water and try as much as possible to avoid drinking chilled water in the morning or whenever the weather is cold.
- Eat good fruits, it will supply your body with the required vitamins and also boost your immune system.
- Eat healthy foods. Try as much as possible to avoid roadside roasted/fried foods such as roasted plantain, fried fish, suya, or snacks especially when already lukewarm or cold. This is necessary because dust particles could have settled on them and their consumption could result to irritation in the throat–sore throat. Roadside sellers could be lackadaisical in their maintenance of proper hygiene rules, so you need to be very careful.
- Be sure to use sunshades while walking under the scorching sun and also avoid dust from gaining entrance into your eyes.
- Be willing to use your earplugs while travelling through dust-prone areas as well.
- Avoid worries. Do not worry about things you cannot change and things you have not achieved during the course of the year. Once there is life, there is great hope.
- Avoid impromptu spending. Under no circumstance should you stretch beyond your budget. Avoid unplanned spending, it is usually disastrous and frustrating in the end.
- Embrace contentment. Be contented with whatever you have. Don’t be intimated with anything possessed by your friends, family members, colleagues, neighbours, or even a random person.
- Exercise well and eat healthfully.
- Detoxify and exfoliate when necessary.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Advance.